Rogue Workforce Partnership has procured a very small grant to create a career awareness video that showcases the tech industry, and they need our stories The overall intent of the film is to capture a range of companies and positions (not just a really small company, or a really large company and only the CIO), and to utilize the following components as a storyline:
- Focus on eliminating the illusion that there aren’t great opportunities (in tech) in the Rogue Valley
- Identify and correct some of the common misconceptions (about careers in tech) that students and transitioning workers have
- Show that well-paying jobs are attainable with the right experience levels
- Fill in the gap between students/transitioning workers, and available opportunities
- Bring the tech industry to life (thus making it more accessible to prospective career seekers), through the eyes of current workers
There are two ways to participate in this effort:
- Volunteer to tell your story, or empower one of your team members to!
- Sponsor the effort! The current grant will only pay for about 3-4 minutes of film.
For more information, or to sign up to participate, contact Aurora King at Rogue Workforce Partnership 541-842-2582